Web Designing and Publishing
Introduction to Web Design Question & Answer
Difference between Front End and Back End ?
Front End Development: The part of a website which is used to interacts directly with user is known as front end. It is also referred as ‘client side scripting’. The structure, design, behavior, and content which is shown on websites, web applications, or mobile apps when we open it, is created by front End by using following languages:
· HTML: Used to create structure of a website.
· CSS: Used to create our website more attractive.
Backend Development: Backend is the server-side of the website. It stores and arranges data, and also makes sure everything on the client-side of the website works fine. It is the part of the website that you cannot see and interact with. It is the portion of software that does not come in direct contact with the users. The parts and characteristics developed by backend designers are indirectly accessed by users through a front-end application.
Back end Languages: It is also known as 'server side scripting'. The back end is used to create and handle the information provided by user to store for future purposes by using PHP(Most Popular), Asp.net, Java, Python etc;
What are the websites Explain its types
A website is a collection of many web pages, and web pages are the files that are written using HTML(Hyper Text Markup Language).The website’s web pages are linked with hyperlinks. The website might also contain some additional documents and files such as images, videos.
Types of websites:
1). Static Website: Static websites are fixed and display the same content for every user, usually written exclusively in HTML.
2). Dynamic website: Dynamic Websites can display different content and provide user interaction, by making use of advanced programming and databases in addition to HTML.
What is Internet? Why is it called- “Network of Networks”?
Sometimes referred to as a “network of networks,” the Internet is generally defined as a global network connecting millions of computers. The Internet is a global wide area network that connects computer systems across the world.
No one actually owns the Internet, and no single person or organization controls the Internet entirely. The Internet is more of a concept than an actual tangible entity, and it relies on a physical infrastructure that connects networks to other networks. This physical infrastructure is what we call the world wide mesh of telecom towers, OFC lines, switches, routers, gateways etc.
Write a short note on WWW
WWW: The World Wide Web (WWW or W3) is an information space where documents and other web resources are identified by URLs, interlinked by hypertext links, and can be accessed via the Internet. It was created by Timothy Berners Lee in 1989 at CERN in Geneva.
WWW works on client- server approach. Following steps explain how the WWW works:
1. User enters the URL (eg.: http://www.wikipedia.org) of the web page in the address bar of web browser.
2. Then browser being a client, requests the Web Server for the Web Page corresponding to www.wikipedia.org .
3. Then web server receives request using HTTP protocol and makes a search for the requested web page. If found it returns it back to the web browser.
4. Now the web browser receives the web page, interprets it and displays the contents of web page.
What is Sublime and why use Sublime Text?
Sublime Text editor is a full highlighted Text editor for altering documents or a code base. It incorporated different features for altering code base which causes developers to monitor changes. Different features that are supported by sublime are as follows:
- Syntax highlight
- Auto indentation
- File type recognition
- Plug-in and Packages
- It is utilized as an Integrated Development Editor like Visual Studio code and NetBeans.
When you utilize a reasonable Text editor, you can make the most of its helpful features. It offers its users the below advantages:
- Ability to solve linker errors.
- Keeping track of all files and folders to work with.
- Connectivity with version control systems like Git.
- Problem solving capabilities.
- Keeping color combination for syntax combination.
What is Internet and mention some uses of Internet?
internet, computer-based global information system. The Internet is composed of many interconnected computer networks. Each network may link tens, hundreds, or even thousands of computers, enabling them to share information and processing power. The Internet has made it possible for people all over the world to communicate with one another effectively and inexpensively.
Companies, individuals, and institutions use the Internet in many ways.
- Companies use the Internet for electronic commerce, also called e-commerce, including advertising, selling, buying, distributing products, and providing customer service. In addition, companies use the Internet for business-to-business transactions, such as exchanging financial information and accessing complex databases.
- Businesses and institutions use the Internet for voice and video conferencing and other forms of communication that enable people to telecommute (work away from the office using a computer).
- The use of e-mail on internet has greatly speeds communication between companies, and among other individuals.
- Scientists and scholars use the Internet to communicate with colleagues, perform research, distribute lecture notes and course materials to students, and publish papers and articles.
- Individuals use the Internet for communication, entertainment, finding information, and buying and selling goods and services.
Define Website and Web-Server ?
A web site is a related collection of Word Wide Web files that includes a beginning file called a home page. For example, the website yahoo has the home page address of yahoo.com. A website may consist of thousands of files spread out over many servers in worldwide locations.
A Web server is simply a computer with an Internet connection that runs software designed to send out HTML pages and other file formats.
A What are different types of Website?
A website is a collection of linked web pages that share a unique domain name. Each web page of a given website provides links in the from of clickable portion of text that allows the user to move from one page of the website to another.
To access a website, type its domain name in your browser address bar, and the browser will display the website's main web page or home page.
There are main types of websites are as follows:
- Brochure: A brochure website is the type of websites typically have a few pages, and will be used by small businesses. For example, a small company would only need a brochure website with a homepage displaying contact information and have a couple of photos of their work. It is like an online business card for potential customers.
- e-Commerce: It is a website through which users are able to pay for a product or service online. This will normally involve one company selling to multiple users, but can also take the form of a multi-vendor ecommerce website also knows as known as marketplace websites. Examples of eBay and Etsy.
- Portal: A Portal website brings together information from lots of different sources on the web. Most of the portals to offer these free services such as search engine, news, sports and weather. Web publishing reference tools such as yellow pages, stock quotes, and maps, shopping and e-mail and other communications services.
- Social media: Social media websites are platforms which allows the sharing of images or ideas. They encourage online interaction and sharing. The most popular social media website is Facebook. Other social media sites include You Tube, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Blog: A blog short Weblog, is an informal Web site consisting of timestamp, or post articles, or journal formal, usually listed in reverse chronological order. A blog that contains video clips called a video blog, A microblog allow users to posrt short messages, usually between 100 and 200 characters, for other to read. Twitter is a popular microblog.
What is a Responsive website?
A responsive website is based on the technology of computing device used by the visitor to display the site. It is basically website design that will looks good at any size- from a large desktop LCD monitor to the smaller screens and also used on smartphones and tablets.
Responsive website design (RWD) enables site designers to create once and publish the same content for all devices. It is a website development of rendering web pages in an efficient, optimized and easy-to-read format across a variety of devices and web browsers on different platforms.
Rather than the old-style approach of designing web pages for viewing on just desktop or laptop PCs, responsive design utilizes a variety of newer web development features and functionality to deliver an optimal view to users on mobile devices like smartphones and tables as well as on traditional PCs and other electronic devices.
Because of their smaller display size, mobile devices typically require a modified layout for content to help users navigate through the website more efficiently, and with responsive design, web developers are able to code their web pages with the flexibility to render readable content at a variety of display sizes. This is due largely in part to websites that can continually and fluidly change, based on factors such as the viewport width.
What is Internet? Explain evolution of Internet.
The Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standard Internet protocol suite(TCP/IP) to link several billion devices worldwide. It is a network of networks that consists of millions of private, public, academic, business, and government networks, of local to global scope, that are linked by a broad array of electronic, wireless, and optical networking technologies. The Internet carries an extensive range of information resources and services, such as the inter-linked hypertext documents and applications of the World Wide Web (WWW), the infrastructure to support email, and peer-to-peer networks for file sharing and telephony. the origins of the Internet date back to research commissioned by the United States government in the 1960s to build robust, fault-tolerant communication via computer networks. While this work, together with work in the United Kingdom and France, led to important precursor networks, they were not the Internet. There is no consensus on the exact date when the modern Internet came into being, but sometime in the early to mid-1980s is considered reasonable. From that point, the network experienced decades of sustained exponential growth as generations of institutional, personal, and mobile computers were connected to it.
Most communications media including telephone, music, film, and television are being reshaped by the Internet, giving birth to new services such as voice over Internet Protocol (VolP) and Internet Protocol television (IPTV). Newspaper, book, and other print publishing are adapting to website technology, or are reshaped into blogging and web feeds. The Internet has enabled and accelerated new forms of human interactions through instant messaging, and social networking. Online shopping has boomed both for major retail outlets and small artisans and traders. Business-to-business and financial services on the Internet affect supply chains across entire industries.
The Internet has no centralized governance in either technological implementation or policies for access and usage; each constituent network sets its own policies. Only the overreaching definitions of the two principal name spaces in the Internet, the Internet Protocol address space and the Domain Name System, are directed by a maintainer organization, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Name and Numbers (ICANN). The technical underpinning and standardization of the core protocols (IPv4 and IPv6) is an activity of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IFTF), a non-profit organization of loosely affiliated international participants that anyone may associate with by contributing technical expertise.
What are the disadvantages of the Internet?
- There is a lot of wrong information on the Internet. Important files can be easily taken by the hackers.
- The unnecessary e-mails, advertisements etc. sometimes are said to be spam because they have the ability to show down the system and makes the users to face lots of problems.
- Pornography that can get in the hands of young children too easily.
- Easy to waste a lot of time on the internet. you can start surfing, and then realize far more time has passed than your realized.
- There are a lot of unscrupulous businesses that have sprung up on the Internet to take advantage of people.
- The malware or virus threats are so deadly that affects the system to a greater extend. It immediately deletes all important files and the system ends up being crashed.
- The people using internet often will forget the difference between virtual and real world. This causes the people to get depressed quickly and it leads to social isolation and obesity problem due to lack of any physical exercises. So its better to play outdoor rather in the Internet.
What is Web Browser? Name any two type of Web browser.
Web browser is a software application that allows us to see the information on the web. When a user requests a particular websites, the web browser retrieves the necessary content from a web server and then display the resulting web pages.
Web browser can show text, audio, video, animation etc. It is the responsibility of a web browser to interpret text and commands contained in the web page.
- Internet Explorer: This browser was made by Microsoft Corporation and bundled together into Windows operating system. The latest operating system, Windows comes with Microsoft latest web browser named Internet Explorer 11. Internet Explorer supports HTML 4.01, CSS Level 1, XML 1.0, and DOM Level. Microsoft Edge replaced IE as the Windows default browser beginning with Windows 10, but IE is still a popular browser for users running older versions of windows.
- Microsoft Edge: Microsoft Edge is the new browser built into Windows 10. Internet Explorer 11 remains available alongside Edge on Windows 10 for compatibility. The browser includes an integrated Adobe Flash player and a PDF reader. It also integrates with online platforms in order to provide voice control, search functionality, and dynamic information related to searches within the address bar. Users can make annotations to web pages that can be stored with One Drive but cannot save HTML pages and does not support ActiveX.
Write down the difference between Static and Dynamic web site.
The difference between of static and dynamic website are as fallows:
- Dynamic website can be easily upgraded by end users. Static websites is difficult to upgrade.
- The theme of website and content of website are fixed. website designs and content can be changed on runtime.
- With the help of markup language, static website load quickly whereas dynamic websites delays to load because of more processing time.
- Static website provides information to their clients like an organization website. Dynamic website is where content changes frequently, like an Electronic-commerce site etc.
- Static website directly run on browser and does not require other internet application language. This website can be created from HTML and CSS. Dynamic run the application on server and the result will be display on webpage. So, this requires server application language like PHP, JSP etc.
- Static websites are easy to develop and an experienced person can develop it. But in case of Dynamic websites, it cannot be developed easily because it requires quality developers to create it, manage it, test it and maintain security of application and database.
- In Static website, if you want to change the page content then we have to upload that page on server many times. Dynamic sites provide some facilities that it possible to change the page content using server application. There is no need to upload the page on server.
What are Web publishing tools? What is the meaning of document management in context of Web publishing?
Web publishing tools consist of tools and resources like programming language, designing software, animation software etc. which help to create and develop web pages. There are a number of Web Publishing Tools developed by various corporations.
A web content management system (WCMS) is a software system that provides website authoring, collaboration, and administration tools designed to allow users with little knowledge of web programming languages or markup languages to create and manage website content with relative ease.
Most systems use a content repository or a database to store page content, metadata, and other information assets that might be needed by the system. Most systems use server side scripting to improve performance.
A web content management system is used to control a dynamic collection of web material, including HTML documents, images, and other forms of media. a CMS facilitates document control, auditing, editing, and timeline management. A WCMS typically has the following features:
Automated templates: Create standard output templates (usually HTML and XML) that can be automatically applied to new and existing content, allowing the appearance of all content to be changed from one central place.
Access control: Some WCMS systems support user groups. User groups allow you to control how registered users interact with the site. A page on the site can be restricted to one or more groups. This means an anonymous users (someone not logged on), or a logged on user who is not a member of the group a page is restricted to, will be denied access to the page.
Easily editable content: Once content is separated from the visual presentation of a site, it usually becomes much easier and quicker to edit and manipulate. Most WCMS software includes WYSIWYG editing tools allowing non-technical users to create and edit content.
Scalable feature sets. Most WCMS software includes plug-ins or modules that can be easily installed to extend an existing site's functionality.
Document management: CMS software may provide a means of collaboratively managing the life cycle of a document from initial creation time, through revisions, publication, archive, and document destruction.
Versioning: Like document management systems, CMS software may allow the process of versioning by which pages are checked in or out of the WCMS, allowing authorized editors to retrieve previous versions and to continue work from a selected point. Versioning is useful for content that changes over time and requires updating, but it may be necessary to go back to or reference a previous copy.
List various features of web browser.
There are many web browser available having different features. Some of the basic features mentioned below:
It handles requests for HTML files, interprets links, and deals with embedded images, audio, and video elements.
It keeps the history of the websites visited.
It provides a row of buttons at the top of the browser windows for browsing the Internet conveniently.
It connects to an e-mail program for importing favorites/ bookmarks and sending and receiving e-mails from the most commonly used applications and formats.