Opening and Closing
- A spreadsheet, also known as a worksheet, is a row and column arrangement of data and the formulas to manipulate the data.
- A spreadsheet can be used for a variety of applications like business forecasts, inventory control and accounting.
- Every Excel file is a workbook that can contain more than one worksheet.
- Cell is defined as the space where a specified row and a column intersect.
- Worksheets can contain labels, numbers or formulas.
- Worksheet allows selecting both contiguous and non-contiguous cells.
- A range is a group of cells referenced with a name. The range reference consists of the first and last cell addresses separated by a colon.
- The AutoSum button on the Standard toolbar adds numbers automatically and also suggests the range of numbers to be added.
- Formulas and functions are automatically updated with a change in the source cell or position of the formula.
- In Relative referencing, the reference is adjusted relative to the new location of the formula.
- In Absolute referencing, the cell reference does not change but remains fixed while pasting formulas.
- Functions are pre-written formulas which must begin with an “=” sign.
- Cell ranges can be named and used in place of cell references.
- The AutoFill handle is a very useful tool to fill in logical series.
- Cell comments are additional explanatory notes which can be attached to a cell in a spreadsheet.
- Charts are an excellent tool to present data graphically and also help in analysing and comparing data.
- The most powerful feature of a spreadsheet package is the “What-if analysis”. Using this feature, we can change values and immediately see the effect as the entire worksheet is automatically updated, based on the change in the values.
Create a worksheet employee with the following information
Create a Spreadsheet Employee data with following details
create worksheet for Employees Details and perform following operations
create a worksheet university and perform the following operation
create a worksheet for university report
create a spreadsheet of Student marks and find the followings